Most wounds do not require specialized or aggressive medical treatment. The more serious wounds, commonly called non-healing wounds, are caused by a wide variety of conditions, such as diabetes, pressure ulcers, circulatory problems, incisions and traumatic injuries.
The wound care team at Desert View Hospital works with each patient to create an individualized treatment plan, while hospitalized or through our outpatient therapy program.
Wound care services include:
- Wound evaluation and treatment
- Wound sharps debridement
- Negative wound pressure therapy
- Advanced wound care techniques
- High quality wound care products available
- Compression therapy
- Antibiotic outpatient coverage