Imaging services at Desert View Hospital are available 24/7 to assist our emergency patients, people admitted to the hospital and those who need outpatient exams completed. We are also pleased to work with the VA for any imaging needs our community’s veterans may have. Our imaging and radiology services include:
- Bone density scans – These measure bone loss and can help diagnose osteoporosis.
- CT scans – One important use of the CT scan is for physicians to determine if someone has had a stroke.
- MRIs – MRIs can be used to detect brain tumors, brain injuries, infections, headache causes and more.
- Mammograms – Mammograms are used to help detect breast cancer.
- Nuclear Medicine – Nuclear medicine is a special imaging system that uses radioactive tracers to help diagnose and treat diseases.
- Ultrasounds - Ultrasounds show doctors soft-tissue structures like the liver, kidneys, gallbladder and other parts of the body. They can also detect blockages in the arteries.
- X-rays – X-rays help the medical team look for broken bones or to check the condition of your lungs.
To obtain a copy of your radiology record, please call Medical Records at 775-751-7834. Please allow one to three business days for preparation.